Browned cubes of pork loin are cooked with potatoes, green chilies and lots of garlic in this chicken broth based stew with black and kidney beans.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 pounds pork loin, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 (14.5 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 4 cups water
- 4 potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 8 green chile peppers, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, undrained
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, drained
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- salt and pepper to taste
In a large pot over medium high heat, combine the oil and onion and saute for 5 minutes, or until onions are tender. Dredge the pork in the flour and add to the pot. Saute quickly until browned.
Add the broth, water, potatoes and chile peppers. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to low. Simmer for 15 minutes, or until potatoes are tender. Add the black beans, kidney beans, garlic, and salt and pepper to taste. Simmer for 30 minutes or more.