Chef Robert Del Grande, owner and executive chef of Houston's Cafe Annie captures the flair and essence of the Southwest with a combination of cinnamon, chili powder, cocoa and pepper. A spike of lime in the butter drizzle adds refreshing zest.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 1 tablespoon McCormick® Ground Cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon McCormick® Chili Powder
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Ground Black Pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 3 1/2 pounds bone-in chicken parts
- LIME BUTTER:
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 serrano chile, minced
- 2 tablespoons finely minced white onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 pinch McCormick® Ground Black Pepper
In a small bowl, combine first 8 ingredients. With a spoon or a basting brush, spread seasoning paste over the chicken.
Grill chicken using medium heat for a gas grill or indirect heat for a charcoal grill. Close the lid and grill until chicken reaches 180 degrees F in the thighs and 170 degrees F in the breast, about 30 minutes.
In a small bowl, combine all lime butter ingredients. Drizzle over chicken just before serving or serve separately for dipping.
Approximate Grilling Times for Chicken and Poultry