Lindsay® Spanish and Black Olives, with red bell pepper, are the perfect accompaniment to this Southwestern-inspired strip steak salad. Steak is herb and spice rubbed, quickly sauteed, and served sliced over mixed salad greens with fresh tomato and c
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar or lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1/3 cup Lindsay® Spanish Olives or Lindsay® Spanish Olives Stuffed with Pimiento, drained and sliced
- 1/3 cup Lindsay® Large Black Ripe Pitted Olives, drained and sliced
- 1/3 cup red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 well-trimmed beef strip steaks, cut about 3/4-inch thick
- 4 cups mixed salad greens
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
In a small bowl, whisk together 1/3 cup of the oil, vinegar, 1/2 teaspoon each of the salt and pepper. Add olives and red bell pepper; mix well. Let stand while preparing steaks.
In another small bowl, combine remaining 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, thyme, oregano, paprika and cayenne pepper; mix well. Sprinkle over both sides of steaks.
Heat remaining 2 tablespoons oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add steaks; cook for 3 to 4 minutes per side or until well-browned and medium rare. Transfer to a carving board; tent with foil and let stand 5 minutes.
Arrange salad greens and tomatoes on four serving plates. Carve steaks crosswise into 1/4 inch thick slices; arrange over greens. Spoon olive mixture over steak and greens; garnish with cilantro.