This is a Colombian dish that my Mother-in-law taught me. Her version is a little different, but I changed it to suit my busy family's lifestyle. Make rice and serve the gravy on top. It's delicious!
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 2 pounds flank steak
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (14 ounce) can beef broth
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can or bottle beer
- 4 unpeeled potatoes, cubed
- salt and pepper to taste
Heat oil in a pressure cooker and brown meat on both sides. Add onions, tomatoes, potatoes and garlic. Pour in broth and beer, and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Place top on securely, and put pressure disc on top.
Cook in pressure cooker 35 minutes. Turn off and wait for pressure to release.