For some reason or other, this seems to be a favorite of the men in my family.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 3 cups cooked, cubed chicken meat
- 8 ounces spaghetti, broken into pieces
- 1/4 cup chopped pimento peppers
- 1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
Put spaghetti in a large pot of salted boiling water and cook about 8 to 10 minutes, until it is al dente. Drain.
In a large bowl combine the chicken, cooked spaghetti, pimento, bell pepper, onion, soup, wine, 1 1/2 cups of the shredded cheese, salt and pepper. Mix all together and spread into a 9x13 inch baking dish. Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes. Top with the remaining 1/2 cup of cheese and bake another 15 minutes.