Delicious and not so sweet. Good to the last bowl!!
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 1/2 pound Italian sausage
- 4 (6.5 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 (8 ounce) package spaghetti
In a large skillet, brown sausage over medium heat; drain and set aside.
In a large saucepan over medium heat, combine tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, bay leaves, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, basil, oregano, salt, pepper and Italian sausage; mix well.
Simmer over medium-low heat for at least one hour; it is best if simmered all day.
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
Mix sauce with hot pasta; serve.