A simple tomato sauce with ground beef, onion, mushrooms, basil, oregano and garlic powder, simmers about an hour for a rich, blended taste.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans stewed tomatoes
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 (4.5 ounce) can mushrooms, drained
In a large saucepan over medium heat, cook ground beef with onion until brown; drain. Stir tomatoes, tomato paste, basil, garlic powder, oregano and mushrooms into beef mixture. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer one hour. Serve over hot pasta.