Also known as Spaghetti al Finocchio e Gamberi, this dish features shrimp sauteed with herbs and fennel, bathed in marinara sauce, and served over spaghetti.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 bulb fennel, trimmed and thinly sliced (include some feathery portion)
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1 (26 ounce) jar BARILLA Marinara
- 1 teaspoon fresh basil leaves, torn
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (16 ounce) box BARILLA Spaghetti
Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and fennel; saute 2 to 4 minutes, or until fennel begins to soften. Add shrimp and oregano; saute 5 to 8 minutes or until shrimp is cooked.
Add marinara sauce, basil, salt and pepper; continue cooking 3 to 5 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
Cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain.
Place hot spaghetti on large serving platter; pour sauce over and serve.
Substitute 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano leaves for dried oregano.