A simple, fresh-tasting summer dish. Pasta is tossed with garlic, basil, butter, and olive oil.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 1 (16 ounce) package uncooked spaghetti
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup fresh basil, coarsely chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Place spaghetti in the pot, cook for 8 to 10 minutes, until al dente, and drain.
In a large bowl, toss the spaghetti with the olive oil, butter, garlic, basil, salt, and pepper until evenly coated. Serve with Parmesan cheese.