The recipe for these spinach and feta appetizer triangles came from a Greek family friend. They may be frozen prior to baking.
INGREDIENTS (for 2 servings):
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen chopped spinach - thawed, drained and squeezed dry
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 (4 ounce) packages feta cheese, crumbled
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 (16 ounce) packages phyllo dough
- 3/4 pound butter, melted
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
Heat vegetable oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Slowly cook and stir onions until softened. Mix in spinach, dill and flour. Cook approximately 10 minutes, or until most of the moisture has been absorbed. Remove from heat. Mix in feta cheese, eggs, salt and pepper.
Lay phyllo dough flat and brush with butter. Place a small amount of spinach mixture onto each piece of dough. Fold phyllo into triangles around the mixture. Brush with butter.
Place filled phyllo dough triangles on a large baking sheet. Bake in the preheated oven 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until golden brown.