Chili sauce really jazzes up this tomato vegetable sauce served with chicken over rice.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 2 pounds boneless chicken thighs
- 1 quart boiling water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 5 onions, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 5 large green bell peppers, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1 (8 ounce) jar chili sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup ketchup
Place chicken in a large slow cooker. Pour in enough boiling water to completely cover the chicken, and add 1/2 teaspoon salt. Cover, and set slow cooker to HIGH. Cook until the chicken meat turns white.
Add the peppers and onions. Simmer until peppers and onions get a little tender, about 10 minutes. Stir in tomato sauce, chili sauce, and ketchup. Cover, set slow cooker to LOW, and cook for about 6 hours.