Cod fillets cooked in a pungent tomato sauce with green olives and marinated, pickled vegetables. Jumbo shrimp may be added at the same time as the fish for an even more delicious and impressive meal.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh garlic
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 15 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup chopped green olives
- 1/4 cup deli marinated Italian vegetable salad, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1 dash black pepper
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- 1 dash paprika
- 6 (4 ounce) fillets cod fillets
Heat butter and olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir onions and garlic until onions are slightly tender, being careful not to burn the garlic. Add tomato sauce and cherry tomatoes, and bring to a simmer. Stir in green olives and marinated vegetables, and season with black pepper, cayenne pepper, and paprika. Cook fillets in sauce over medium heat for 5 to 8 minutes, or until easily flaked with a fork. Serve immediately.