This is a quick and easy way to spice up rice. Saute instant rice with onion, red bell pepper and green bell pepper. Then simmer with tomatoes and tomato juice and you've got a savory Spanish-style rice.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups instant rice
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 (14.5 ounce) cans whole peeled tomatoes
- 1 cup tomato juice
In a large saucepan over medium heat combine oil, rice, onion, red bell pepper and green bell pepper. Saute until onions are translucent. Stir in mustard, salt, tomatoes and tomato juice; simmer for 5 minutes.