Serve with long-grain rice tossed with garlic and almonds.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 1/4 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onion
- 1 1/2 cups chopped green bell pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup medium dry sherry
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can no-salt-added whole tomatoes, undrained and chopped
- 2 teaspoons sherry wine vinegar
Combine the flour, thyme, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and black pepper in a large zip-top plastic bag. Add the shrimp; seal and shake well. Heat olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the shrimp, and saute 3 minutes. Remove shrimp from pan. Add onion, bell pepper, and garlic; saute 2 minutes. Add sherry; cook 1 minute. Add 1/4 teaspoon salt and tomatoes; cook 4 minutes. Stir in shrimp and vinegar.
Reprinted with permission of Cooking Light® magazine. All rights reserved.CALORIES 196 (24% from fat); FAT 5.3g (sat 0.8g, mono 2.7g, poly 1g); PROTEIN 19.7g; CARB 17.2g; FIBER 2.2g; CHOL 129mg; IRON 3.9mg; SODIUM 453mg CALC 106mg