A big slice of ham, with a fruity marinade of sparkling grape juice, orange juice and spices.
INGREDIENTS (for 5 servings):
- 1 cup sparkling white grape juice
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 1/2 pounds slice of cooked ham
Combine grape juice, orange juice, brown sugar, oil, vinegar, mustard, ginger and cloves. Slash fat on edge of ham. Pour mixture over ham in a shallow glass dish. Refrigerate overnight or 2 hours at room temperature. Baste with mixture occasionally.
Grill over low coals 15 minutes each side, basting frequently with mixture.