Italian style stuffing made with prosciutto, salami and pepperoni.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 1 loaf SARA LEE® Soft & Smooth™ Whole Grain White Bread, cubed
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 4 ounces diced prosciutto
- 4 ounces turkey salami
- 4 turkey pepperoni
- 2 cups shredded low-fat mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- ground black pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
Place bread cubes in a large bowl, and sprinkle with enough water to moisten. Mix in the eggs, egg substitute, prosciutto, salami, pepperoni, mozzarella, Parmesan, parsley, and pepper. Place stuffing in a large casserole dish coated with cooking spray.
Bake uncovered at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 35 to 45 minutes.
The original recipe, Grandpa's Special Stuffing, was submitted by Tracey, and contains 596 calories, 35 g fat, 289 mg cholesterol, 1656 mg sodium, 31.3 g carbohydrates, 1.3 g fiber, and 36.5 g protein.