This aromatic and exotic rice dish was created especially for McCormick by Chef Allen Susser, Chef/Proprietor of Chef Allen's Restaurant, in Aventura, Florida. It's perfect for entertaining - or for delicious leftovers!
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup cashews
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Gourmet Collection® Saigon Cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Gourmet Collection® Ground Allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Gourmet Collection® Ground Cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Gourmet Collection® Coarse Grind Black Pepper
- 1 pound basmati rice
- 3 cups water
- 2 teaspoons sea salt using McCormick® Sea Salt Grinder
- 2/3 cup raisins
- 1 ripe mango, peeled, pitted and diced
- 2 green onions (white and green parts), sliced
Heat butter in medium saucepan. Pan fry cashews until golden brown. Remove from butter and set aside. In same butter, add all ground spices, and cook stirring constantly, about 30 seconds, until they become aromatic.
Stir rice into spice mixture. Bring to a boil; add water and salt. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for about 15 minutes. Remove from heat.
Stir in cashews, raisins, and mango. Cover and let stand 5 minutes. Stir in green onions.