This was my grandfather's contribution to the Christmas table. A nice twist on the meatloaf recipe.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 1 pound ground ham
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 cup distilled white vinegar
Combine ham, beef, egg, milk, bread crumbs, salt, and pepper. Form into loaf. Place in a casserole dish.
Combine brown sugar, water, mustard, and vinegar in a small saucepan over medium high heat. Bring to boil, and boil for 10 minutes. Pour over loaf.
Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) until done, about 1 hour, basting occasionally.