This is a yummy yet simple combo of black beans, veggies, and tofu.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 2 cups brown rice
- 1 quart water
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (16 ounce) package extra firm tofu
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 teaspoon Thai chili paste
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1/2 (16 ounce) package frozen mixed peas and carrots
- 1 (16 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
Bring rice and water to a boil in a pot. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 45 minutes.
Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat. Stir in the onion and garlic, and cook 2 minutes. Mix in tofu, hoisin sauce, chili paste, hot sauce, and soy sauce. Continue to cook and stir until tofu is heated through and coated with the sauces.
Mix peas and carrots into the skillet, and cook 2 minutes. Stir in the black beans, and continue cooking until heated through. Serve over the cooked rice.