These easy to put together tailgate pockets are a spicy treat to enjoy before cheering your favorite team on to victory.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 1 package McCormick® Grill Mates® Spicy Caribbean Marinade
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons pineapple or orange juice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 pound kielbasa, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 large bell pepper, cut into bite-size strips
- 1 medium onion, cut into bite-size strips
- 4 18-inch square sheets of heavy duty aluminum foil
- 1 package pita bread or burrito-style flour tortillas
Blend first five ingredients in a small bowl until smooth.
Divide sausage, pepper and onion into center of foil squares. Create a packet by bringing up foil sides over 4 times. Then, fold one end 4 times (leaving one end open). Repeat to make 4 packets. Pour an even amount of marinade into opening of each packet. Seal packet by folding remaining end 4 times. Shake packets to coat mixture.
Place packets on preheated grill for 45 minutes, turning halfway through cooking time.
Remove packets from grill. Carefully open one end of each packet to allow steam to escape. Cool 2-3 minutes. Serve meat and vegetable mixture in pitas or tortillas.