These spicy chicken breasts, seasoned with paprika, garlic, and thyme, are grilled and served with mozzarella, lettuce, and tomato between slices of whole wheat bread.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 4 slices part skim mozzarella cheese
- 4 green leaf lettuce leaves
- 4 (1/4 inch thick) slices tomato
- 1/4 cup low fat, low-sodium mayonnaise
- 8 slices SARA LEE® Soft & Smooth™ Whole Grain White Bread
In a medium bowl, mix together the paprika, garlic powder, salt, onion powder, thyme, cayenne pepper, and ground black pepper. Rub the chicken breasts with this mixture until coated. Store any remaining in an airtight container for later use (for seasoning fish, meats, or vegetables).
Preheat grill for medium-high heat.
Lightly oil the grill grate. Place chicken on the grill, and cook for 6 to 8 minutes on each side, until juices run clear. Set a slice of cheese on top of each piece of chicken to melt during the last couple of minutes.
Place each piece of chicken on 4 slices of bread. Top with lettuce and tomato slices. Spread about 1 tablespoon of mayonnaise onto the remaining slices of bread; place mayonnaise-side down on top of sandwiches.
Spicy Chicken Breasts, submitted by Barbara Radford, was used to make this delicious sandwich.