A chunky and very spicy sauce with chicken makes a nice hearty topping for angel hair pasta.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 10 chicken tenderloins
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 (26 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce with mushrooms
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can Italian diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (10 ounce) can whole black olives, drained
- 1/4 cup canned jalapeno pepper slices, undrained
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (16 ounce) package angel hair pasta
- 1 tablespoon butter
Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Place chicken in the skillet, season with salt and pepper, and cook 6 minutes on each side, until juices run clear. Set aside, and keep warm.
In a large pot, mix spaghetti sauce, tomatoes with liquid, red bell pepper, corn, olives, and jalapenos. Bring to a boil, and season with garlic powder, onion powder, and 1 teaspoon pepper. Place chicken in the pot. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 15 minutes.
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Place pasta in the pot, and cook 2 to 4 minutes, until al dente. Drain, transfer to a bowl, and toss with remaining olive oil and butter. Spoon the sauce over the pasta to serve.