From the kitchen of Nestle. You'll fall in love with this rich, chocolate cake with a touch of spiciness!
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- SPICY CHOCOLATE CAKE:
- 1 cup NESTLE® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels, melted* and cooled
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons ORTEGA® Diced Jalapenos
- RICH CHOCOLATE FROSTING:
- 3 1/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 2 (1 ounce) packets NESTLE® TOLL HOUSE® Choco Bake Unsweetened Chocolate Flavor
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
PREHEAT oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour two 9-inch-round baking pans or one 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
FOR SPICY CHOCOLATE CAKE: BEAT granulated sugar, butter and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy. Add eggs; beat for 1 minute. Beat in melted chocolate. Combine flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt in medium bowl; beat into chocolate mixture alternately with milk. Stir in jalapenos. Pour into two well-greased 9-inch-round baking pans or one 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
BAKE in preheated 350 degree F. oven for 30 to 35 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan(s) for 20 minutes; invert onto wire rack(s) to cool completely.
FOR RICH CHOCOLATE FROSTING: BEAT powdered sugar, milk, butter, Choco Bake, vanilla extract and salt in small mixer bowl until mixture is smooth and creamy. Frost cake.
* Follow melting instructions on NESTLE® package.