A very quick, simple clam sauce to serve with any light pasta. I always serve it with farfalle. This has been one of my family's favorite pasta recipes for years, and I always serve it with buttery garlic bread.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 3 (10 ounce) cans chopped clams, drained with juices reserved
- 3 tablespoons dried oregano leaves, crumbled
- ground black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes, or to taste
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese for topping (optional)
Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and drained clams; cook and stir for about 5 minutes. Season with oregano, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Pour in the reserved clam juice. Reduce heat to low, and simmer for about 20 minutes. Remove from heat and serve over pasta. Garnish with Parmesan cheese, if desired.