This tart, zesty chutney may be served at room temperature or chilled. Crystallized ginger is the secret ingredient!
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 1/4 cup dried apricots, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 cup water
- 3 cups fresh cranberries
- 1 Granny Smith apple - peeled, cored and diced
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup finely chopped crystallized ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
In a medium saucepan, mix dried apricots, dark brown sugar, raisins and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
Mix in cranberries, apple and lemon zest. Simmer 10 minutes.
Mix in lemon juice, crystallized ginger and red pepper flakes. Serve at room temperature or chilled.