A quick snack or appetizer during the hot summer months. Old time family recipe. If you like fried zucchini you will like this.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can beer
- 1/2 cup oil for frying
- 5 green tomatoes, sliced 1/2 inch thick
In a bowl, mix the flour, black pepper, red pepper, garlic powder, eggs, and beer. The mixture should resemble pancake batter.
Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat. Dip tomato slices in the batter to coat, then fry in the skillet 5 minutes on each side, until golden brown. Eat while hot.