Leftover ham is paired up with bow tie pasta, apples and a sweet and spicy dressing in this main-dish salad.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 2 cups farfalle (bow tie) pasta
- 2 cups cubed cooked ham
- 2 apples, cored and sliced with peel
- 1 cup pineapple preserves
- 1 cup apple jelly
- 1/2 cup prepared horseradish
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 8 ounces mixed salad greens
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain and run under cold water. Transfer to a large bowl with ham and apples and set aside.
In a small bowl, whisk together the preserves, apple jelly, horseradish, mustard and black pepper. Pour over the ham/pasta mixture and toss to combine. Cover and refrigerate salad for 30 minutes. When ready to serve, place mixed salad greens on 4 plates and arrange ham salad on top.