This chicken curry recipe is totally diner style. The chicken thighs make it very soft and melt in your mouth! It's so easy to make too. Serve with rice, puri, naan or chappathi.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 large white onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons ginger garlic paste
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1/2 (2 inch) stick cinnamon stick, broken into pieces
- 8 pods whole green cardamom pods
- 4 bay leaves
- 6 whole cloves
- 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes, or to taste
- 15 whole black peppercorns
- 2 teaspoons coriander seeds
Heat oil in a small pot over medium heat. Add chicken, onion, and ginger garlic paste. Season with curry powder, cinnamon stick, cardamom pods, bay leaves, cloves, red pepper flakes, black peppercorns, and coriander seeds. Cover, and simmer for about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. At this point, gravy will be runny; if you want to thicken, remove lid, and cook until liquid is reduced.