This is a smashing side dish, with an interesting mix of spicy, sweet and sour! Try it and it will be one of your favorites! Delicious with BBQ's or Asian food.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 4 medium mangos - peeled, seeded, and cubed
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons chopped shallots
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Place the mango cubes into a serving bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk together the lime juice and olive oil. Season with red pepper flakes, cilantro, shallots, salt and pepper. Whisk briefly, then pour over the mangos. Stir to coat, then cover and refrigerate for about 30 minutes to blend the flavors before serving.