Wow, these are hot and fun. Pop into hot soup, toss in a salad or add to your latest pasta creation. Hot sauce, tomato sauce and bread crumbs are mixed with toasted nuts, green onion and olive oil. Roll into bite-size balls and chill.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 3/4 cup ground toasted mixed nuts
- 1 cup dried bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon Louisiana-style hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced green onion
- 2 tablespoons minced flat leaf parsley
In a medium bowl, mix ground nuts and bread crumbs. Stir in olive oil, tomato paste, and hot sauce. Add minced green onion and parsley. Mix well.
Using your hands, form the mixture into bite-size balls. Refrigerate until ready to use.