This recipe is fantastic with warm crusty Italian bread, or any other bread for that matter! Use extra virgin olive oil and really good aged balsamic vinegar. For best results, make a day ahead and store in the refrigerator so flavors can meld.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2/3 cup aged balsamic vinegar
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons dried basil
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
In a bottle with a lid, mix the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic, basil, oregano, thyme, kosher salt, and pepper. Seal bottle, and refrigerate mixture 8 hours, or overnight. Shake well before serving. Store in the refrigerator.