Delicious, rich flavor with or without frosting. Top with walnut halves for a fancy touch.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 pear - peeled, cored and diced
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
In large bowl, beat margarine and sugar untill smooth. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and ginger; mix into batter. Stir in chopped pears, chopped nuts and raisins.
Drop about two inches apart by rounded tablespoonfuls onto baking sheets and bake 15 minutes or until edges are golden brown and center springs back when lightly touched. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Combine confectioners' sugar and lemon juice and mix until smooth. Spoon icing over coookies.