This Mandarin Chinese dish is high in beta carotene and is an excellent electrolyte replacer. Match it up with Fried Rice and have a great after workout treat. This is a free sample recipe of our Quick-Smart™ premium recipe collection. The complete
INGREDIENTS (for 3 servings):
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry or rice wine
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken, cut in 1-inch pieces
- 1 1/2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 ounces frozen mixed vegetables, thawed (we prefer a broccoli and water chestnut mixture)
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 scallions, minced
- 2 hot red peppers, seeded and julienned
- 1/4 green pepper, minced
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1/8 cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
In a bowl, combine the egg white, cornstarch and sherry. Place the chicken in the bowl with the egg white mixture, and coat all of the pieces.
In a wok over high heat, saute the garlic and ginger in the oil for 2 minutes. Do not let the garlic burn. Add the chicken and stir fry on high until cooked, about 5 minutes. Add the vegetables, mushrooms, scallions and both kinds of peppers. Cook until heated, about 3 minutes.
Add the chicken stock, soy sauce, and sugar to the wok and simmer for 5 minutes more.