Spicy tomato sauce easily livens up plain old pork chops.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can tomato puree
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 1 fresh jalapeno pepper, sliced
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon dried sage
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 thick cut boneless pork chops
- 1 yellow onion, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
In a bowl, mix the tomato puree, hot sauce, jalapeno pepper, red pepper, and sage.
Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat, and brown pork chops on both sides. Remove chops from heat and set aside. Place the onion and green bell pepper in the skillet, and saute 2 to 3 minutes. Return pork to skillet, and cover with the tomato puree mixture. Cover skillet, and continue cooking 30 minutes, or to desired doneness.