This pie marvelously balances the flavors of pumpkin puree with white and brown sugars, nutmeg, cinnamon and cloves. This fine recipe makes two pies, enough for a crowded holiday table.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 2 (9 inch) unbaked pie crusts
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 (29 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 cup milk
Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (220 degrees C).
In a large bowl, mix together butter or margarine, pumpkin, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, and salt. In a separate bowl, beat eggs until foamy. Mix flour, brown sugar, white sugar, and milk into eggs. Blend egg mixture into pumpkin mixture. Pour half of mixture into each pastry lined pan.
Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) and bake an additional 45 minutes, until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.