Red snapper in a spicy tomato sauce. Serve with rice or pasta.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 1/2 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon minced capers
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup white wine
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 (6 ounce) fillets red snapper
In a large skillet, heat olive oil. Add onion, garlic, red pepper and capers. Saute over medium heat until onion is soft.
Add the tomatoes with juice, and the wine. Reduce heat to low and simmer. Break up the tomatoes with a spoon as the sauce cooks.
Once sauces begins to thicken add the snapper fillets and push them down into the pan. Cover and cook over low heat until the fish flakes with a fork, about 15 to 20 minutes.