This is a spicy rice dish with steak and chicken - a great main dish! You can make it as HOT or mild as you would like...around my house we like it HOT! Great Flavor!
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 habanero peppers, chopped
- 3 pounds sirloin tips, thinly sliced
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 tablespoon seasoned salt
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 4 cups uncooked long grain rice
- 4 cubes chicken bouillon
- 8 cups water
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
Heat the margarine in a large heavy skillet. Saute the onion, green pepper, red pepper and habanero peppers until onion is soft and translucent. Remove from skillet and set aside. Rub the beef and chicken with seasoned salt. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in the skillet, and fry the meat until browned. Remove from heat and set aside.
Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large heavy skillet. Fry the uncooked rice, stirring occasionally until lightly browned. Stir in water and bouillon. Stir in peppers and meat. Season with garlic powder, salt and pepper. Cover, and simmer for 20 to 25 minutes, or until rice is tender.