Smoked sausage is cooked with a variety of vegetables. A favorite of kids.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (16 ounce) package smoked sausage
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can Italian-style diced tomatoes
- 1 (8.75 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1/3 cup frozen green peas
- 1 (6 ounce) can mushrooms, drained
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
Heat oil in a large heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Cook sausage until browned on both sides; remove and set aside. Drain excess oil. Saute shallot and garlic until tender. Stir in tomatoes, corn, peas, mushrooms and green onions. Season with bay leaf, thyme and red pepper flakes. Bring to a boil, then carefully transfer to a 9x13 inch baking dish. Lay sausage on top, and cover dish tightly with foil.
Bake in preheated oven for 35 to 40 minutes.