Shrimp, kidney beans, tomatoes with chiles, and cream of mushroom soup combine to make this soup an easy-to-make crowd pleaser that looks and tastes like soup from a fine restaurant. Serve with Garlic Toast to make it a complete meal.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 medium celery rib, chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can red kidney beans, drained
- 1 (10 ounce) can tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 (10 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 sprig fresh dill
- 12 ounces medium shrimp - peeled and deveined
Warm the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Stir in the garlic, celery, and green onions. Cook, stirring frequently, until tender, about 3 minutes. Stir in beans, tomatoes, cream of mushroom soup, and water. Bring to a boil. Stir in dill, reduce heat to medium, and simmer 10 minutes. Stir in shrimp, and simmer until shrimp are pink, about 5 minutes.