Good 'N Spicy. Not your typical spinach dip recipe. No artichokes, here! Serve this tasty treat with tortilla chips.
INGREDIENTS (for 5 servings):
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can whole peeled tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chiles, drained
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 10 ounces shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
Saute onion in skillet over medium heat in oil until softened, about 4 minutes. Stir in tomatoes and chiles, let cook 2 minutes.
Transfer the mixture to a large bowl and stir in spinach, cheese, cream cheese, half and half, and vinegar. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Spoon mixture into shallow baking dish like a 9 inch quiche dish or pie plate.
Bake in the preheated oven until the dip is bubbly and the top is light brown, about 35 minutes.