Mushrooms, salad greens, chopped pecans, and lots and lots of fresh, sliced strawberries are all dressed with a poppy seed dressing in this fabulous taste sensation. Makes eight generous servings.
INGREDIENTS (for 9 servings):
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 cups fresh sliced mushrooms
- 8 cups mixed salad greens
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans
- 4 cups sliced fresh strawberries
Whisk together the oil, sugar, poppy seeds, garlic powder, dry mustard and vinegar. Refrigerate until chilled.
In a salad bowl, combine the mushrooms and mixed greens; add dressing and toss. Sprinkle with strawberries and pecans.