A slightly spicy and creamy spread of sun-dried tomatoes and clams. This spread tastes great served with good pita bread!
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 1/3 cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (6.5 ounce) can minced clams, drained
In a blender or food processor, puree the sun-dried tomatoes and garlic until smooth. Blend in the red pepper, parsley, basil, chili powder, salt, and pepper. Spoon in the cream cheese and clams, and continue to blend until smooth. Transfer the spread to a serving bowl, and chill until ready to serve.