My family loves a popular brand of 3 pepper hummus. Unfortunately, they love it so much that a container is demolished in one sitting! This recipe makes 3 times the amount in the sore bought containers for about the same price as one 8 ounce tub.
INGREDIENTS (for 2 servings):
- 2 (16 ounce) cans garbanzo beans, drained
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/8 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 slices jarred jalapeno pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon liquid from the jar of jalapeno peppers
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine the garbanzo beans, olive oil, lemon juice, tahini, garlic, jalapeno, and juice from the jalapeno jar. Season with black pepper, cayenne, cumin and oregano.
Mix using the whisk attachment on low speed until the ingredients start to blend, then turn the speed to medium, and blend to your desired consistency. Cover and refrigerate overnight to allow the flavors to blend. Make sure your container is sealed well, or your fridge will smell like garlic!