This is a quick and easy dish. Conventional oven or microwave baking can be used. Tastes sooooooo good, it'll make your tongue slap your brains out! 'Rotel' is the name for the mixture of diced tomatoes with green chile peppers. It is sold in most grocery
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chile peppers
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of celery soup
- 1 (10 ounce) package nacho-flavor tortilla chips
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cooked a
- 1 pound processed cheese food (eg. Velveeta), sliced
In a medium bowl combine the tomatoes and soup and mix together. Set aside.
In a lightly greased 2 quart microwave-safe casserole dish layer 1/3 of the tortilla chips, 1/2 of the chicken, 1/2 of the tomato/soup mixture and 1/3 of the cheese. Repeat layers, then top with the remaining tortilla chips and cheese.
Microwave: Cover dish with lid or wax paper. Microwave for 7 minutes. Remove lid long enough to release steam, then microwave for another 4 minutes.
Conventional Oven: Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Cover dish with lid or aluminum foil and bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes.