This is a quick way to get your greens in a tasty pasta. It's simple, but very flavorful. You can substitute spicy salami for the pancetta.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 1 (16 ounce) package uncooked linguine pasta
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 3 ounces pancetta bacon, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 cups loosely packed torn fresh spinach
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, peeled and chopped
- freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Bring a large pot of salted water to boil. Cook linguine until al dente, about 8 to 10 minutes.
As the water is being brought to boil, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Stir in pancetta, and cook until browned. Remove to paper towels.
Return skillet to heat, and pour in 2 tablespoons olive oil. Stir in crushed red pepper flakes. Then stir in spinach, and cook until softened. Return pancetta to the skillet, and stir in eggs. Cover, and turn off heat.
When the pasta is done, drain, and mix into skillet, reserving some pasta water. If the pasta is too dry, add a small amount of pasta water. Top with freshly grated Parmesan.