Pears are lovely in this spinach and feta salad. Use any type of fruity vinaigrette dressing on this light and tasty salad.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 2 pears, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 cup diet lemon-lime soda
- 4 cups baby spinach leaves
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup toasted pine nuts
- 1/2 cup raspberry vinaigrette salad dressing
Place the pears in a bowl with the lemon-lime soda. Set aside; this will keep them from turning brown.
Place the baby spinach in a serving bowl, and add the shallot, feta cheese and pine nuts. Drain the pears, and discard the soda. Add pears to the salad, and toss to blend. Serve with raspberry vinaigrette dressing.
To toast pine nuts, place them in a dry skillet over medium heat. Cook, stirring occasionally until browned and fragrant, about 5 to 8 minutes.