A zesty curry vinaigrette, tossed with spinach and apples, and garnished with peanuts, raisins and toasted sesame seeds.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chutney
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 9 cups torn fresh spinach leaves
- 3 cups diced Red Delicious apples
- 2/3 cup salted dry-roasted peanuts
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
WHISK together first 6 ingredients; cover and chill, if desired.
COMBINE spinach and next 5 ingredients in a large bowl; toss with dressing. Serve immediately.
Reprinted with permission of Southern Living® magazine. All rights reserved.