Spinach salad with cantaloupe, avocado, red peppers, and mint. Truly a refreshing summer delight! Serve with crusty French bread and a lovely buttery chardonnay.
INGREDIENTS (for 2 servings):
- 4 cups fresh spinach leaves
- 1 cup sliced cantaloupe
- 1 cup sliced avocado
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon mint apple jelly
- 1 1/2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
Divide spinach between 2 serving plates. Arrange half of the cantaloupe and half of the avocado in a circular pattern over the spinach on each plate. Sprinkle with diced red pepper and fresh mint.
Mix together the mint jelly, white wine vinegar, oil and garlic. Drizzle over the salads. Serve.