This recipe is a take off of the popular spinach dip, however in a different form. This is a great addition to your holiday open house table.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 (4 ounce) can water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 1 (.4 ounce) packet dry vegetable soup mix
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 cup finely shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
In a large bowl, mix together the spinach, cream cheese, water chestnuts, vegetable soup mix, mayonnaise and Cheddar cheese until well blended. Form into a ball, and roll in chopped walnuts. If the mixture is too soft to form a ball, refrigerate for about 30 minutes to set. Wrap the cheese ball in plastic wrap, and refrigerate overnight to blend the flavors before serving with your favorite crackers.