This cheese crusted quiche is great for vegetarian brunch guests.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 8 ounces Muenster cheese, sliced
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- salt and pepper to taste
- garlic powder to taste
- 4 ounces Muenster cheese, sliced
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
Line a quiche dish or 9 inch pie pan with the 8 ounces of Muenster cheese slices. Carefully press all of the water out of the spinach and place it in a large mixing bowl. Add eggs, Parmesan cheese, cream cheese, salt, pepper and garlic powder; stir well. Spoon mixture into pan and top with remaining cheese slices.
Bake in preheated oven for 35 minutes and allow to set up for 10 minutes before serving. Decrease oven temperature by 25 degrees F if using glass pie dish.